Sunday, October 1, 2017

Sunday October 1, 2017

Weekend Update:  written on October 1, 2017 sitting in downstairs office.

Saturday September 30, 2017:

The day started very cool, low 40s, so we layered up for our walk to  Panera.  We arrived around 0800 and the place was empty.  Folks must be sleeping on these cool mornings.  We ordered our standard fare, oatmeal, banana, bagels and coffee.  Saturday morning is a good time to talk and lay out some plans for next week.

Took the longer route home, 28th Street.  A new Taco Bell has just opened and they are now building a companion building on the same lot.  Another new restaurant?  No signs so we can only guess.  Just before reaching the condo three deer walked across Tahoe in front of us.  Made my Day!

Nancy started the laundry and I took a nice easy 11 mile bike ride.  Great day for a ride, no wind or heat.  The leaves seem to be stuck in their color change.  The weather folks say it is because it has been very dry and warm.  We see some yellows but few reds.

At home we took Ms P on her walk.  She especially likes the walk when we both accompany her.  

Showered and shaved before lunch.  Spent some time moving the deck furniture downstairs.  I left several chairs for use during an Indian Summer day.  Also took an inventory of my fall clothes.  Surprised to find a big stock of everyday cargo pants.  The pants are one size too large but with suspenders are perfect for winter days.

The Direct TV service man visited about 1600.  He fixed the problem and said we should upgrade our outdated equipment.

For dinner Nancy and I headed to our favorite local Mexican Restaurant, LaLaguna.  My double vision has returned so Nancy drove.  Nancy had a soft shell taco and I their tamale dinner.  Great tamales.

I took my short evening walk.  Debbie FaceTimed us tonight.  We got caught up.  Face time is a great feature on our iPads. 

We watched an episode of Murdock Mysteries before turning in.
Sunday October 1:

Wow the first day of October already.  Got up at 0630 and ready for our busy morning.  First stop was the Y.  Nancy swam and I did the calisthenics and a mile run/walk.  Hurried home to drop off our stuff and headed out to Trinity Lutheran.  Church was crowded this morning.  Good homily by Pastor Bob.

Stopped at Meijer’s for supplies and gas.  At home I walked around the block before lunch.  Lunch, read the funnies and then my afternoon nap.

We took Ms P on her walk before I headed downstairs.  I had to turn the electric heater on.  We also have turned the furnace on to take the chill off the house.  I turn it off before turning in.


Nancy is fixing soup and a turkey burger for dinner.  Will read the GRP and watch 60 Minutes before turning in.

No comments: