Friday, October 13, 2017

Thursday October 12, 2017

Blog time 1130 at Panera

Cold, dark and gloomy when I first went out this morning.  Nancy headed out for her swim and I waited for daylight, about 0800, until heading out to the Y.  Temperature was 50 so I wore my knickers.  If below 50 I wear pants.

The biggest riding hazard this time of year are walnuts.  They cover the path and when hit they destabilize the bike.  Do deer eat walnuts?

Recent rains have dropped at lot of leaves.  A lot of folks are talking about the absence of deep reds on the leaves.  I guess it is because of the warm fall.

What is this the Boy Scouts are admitting girls.  Times are changing.  I was a Boy Scout but not gung-ho.  Left as soon as I started high school.

Does anyone know what is happening in the Spain/Catalonia independence flab?

The USA  withdrawals its support for UNESCO because of their anti Israel bias.

Nancy and Mary Namey had lunch in Grand Haven with their fellow teacher, Bonny.  They ate at a new restaurant that Nancy said was great.  

Walked around the block before lunch.  Later, I took the deck furniture downstairs for the winter.  Also brought out my winter clothes.

Light dinner.  Thursday night so I thought we would watch an episode of Doc Martin.  Bummer, Acorn did not release a new episode.  Watched The Killing.  Nancy went to bed and I watched Rake.




No comments: