Friday, October 20, 2017

Thursday October 19, 2017

Thursday October 19:

This blog is being written on Friday at a Starbucks in the Willow Glen neighborhood of San Jose, CA

Thursday travel day;  the alarm goes off at 0400.  Taxi arrives at exactly 0530.  The only problem we had in GR was going through security.  Nancy and I have Global Entry cards so we got in the precheck line.  Our entry was refused so we had to go the back of the other line.  Apparently when getting our online tickets from Delta we forgot to input our GE numbers.

Flight to Minneapolis/St Paul went without a hitch.  Same for our flight to San Jose.  The SJ flight was over three hours which exceeds my comfort level.  On future flights I want to spend the kid’s inheritance and fly business class.

Debbie was waiting for us in SJ.  Great to see her.  Stopped at Debbie’s to drop off our bags.  I think Debbie’s house is perfect for her.  

Lunch at local Deli.  Nancy had an egg salad sandwich and I had a bowl of pea soup.  Both items were great.

We stopped at Costco for some supplies.  If you want to see how diverse the USA is you should visit a CA Costco.  I would recommend it for POTUS.   It might change his mind on immigration.

Speaking of diversity it is now 0754 and Starbucks has a long line of folks getting their sissy coffees before heading to work.  I bet 40% of customers are Asian or Latino.

I did take a walk around Willow Glen.  The circular route is 2.5 miles.

For dinner we went to a small Restaurant in Campbell.  Both Debbie and I had a burger.  Nancy had a soda, I think.  Campbell is a cute town.  The walks were crowded with folks.

Tried to watch TV but kept falling asleep so headed to bed.


As a boy I would never believe that I could leave MI in the morning and be in CA before noon.

No comments: