Thursday, October 12, 2017

Tuesday October 10, 2017

Tuesday morning blog time 1115 at Panera

At midnight I got up and took a single pill.  It helped.  I slept better and no thick tongue or slurring early this morning.  My Doctor said I had to play with my dosages in order to find what combo works.  I think he was right.

Sad to read about the passing of Y A Tittle.  Y A was a friend of my former boss, Charles McCandless.  The fans in both San Francisco and New York loved him.

Just got a breaking news report that Nelson Peltz lost his bid to get a seat on the P&G board.  Millions of dollars were spent by both sides and small stock holders have been harassed for weeks.

ESPN employee, Jemele Hill, was given a mild suspension for her recent comments.  I thought she should have been fired.

Videos of the northern CA forest fires show the massive destruction of these fires.  Mother Nature sure has been on a rampage in recent months.

Articles I found of interest in WSJ:

GM’s SUV and pickup plants are running full blast but small car factories are struggling.

The Trump Administration is rescinding some of coal emission rules.    Coal is a leading source of global warming gases.  I really don’t think coal will make a comeback because the cost of natural gas is almost on a par.  Wind costs have also dropped dramatically.

Temp was in low 60s when I left Panera.  We took Ms P on her walk before lunch.

After lunch I drove to Meijer’s to get some items for our trip to San Jose next week.  Also bought a seafood salad for dinner tonight.

Nancy and her friends Kathi and Mary are going to a lecture by a well known author whose name escapes me.  I will have the salad and watch  episode 2 of the Ken Burns series on  Vietnam.

Watched episode 2 which covered the years 1961-1963.  I was in Vietnam in 1963 and I thought they did a good job depicting what it was like especially the difference between what was reported by the high command and the reality experienced by the advisors in the field.  High command said we were winning and the advisors said we were not.  The advisors were right.

Nancy said the lecture at Meijer’s Garden was great.  She said Kathi and Mary also liked speaker.






No comments: