Friday, October 6, 2017

Thursday October 5, 2017

Blog time 1200 at Panera

We had a nearly perfect full moon last night.  Temp in mid 40s when first went out this morning.  Sunrise this morning at 0725.

Nancy swims this morning.  I left home at 0800 with bright sun.  The sun at this time of year is low in the sky so traveling east is difficult without sun glasses.  It was cool so no knickers.  My hands got cold so I will have to get my gloves out for mornings when temps are in 40s.

Normal routine at Y followed by long warm shower.  I needed to warm up from my hour bike ride.

The Telegraph had a picture story of a fight in Brazil between a Jaguar and huge yellow anaconda.  The jaguar won.  I hope it finds the anaconda tasty.

French President Macron is getting a lot of opposition from unions on implementing his economic plan.  The union opposition has at times been violent.

Will Theresa May be ousted by her own party?  The London papers are turning against her.

Five days ago I did not know what a bump stock was.  A bump stock when added to an assault rifle makes it fully automatic.  What civilian needs an automatic rifle?  I think the device should be banned.

NATO troop in Eastern Europe are finding that the Russians are hacking into their smartphones.  If the phones are being hacked why are they call smart?

It was 68 when left Panera or 20 degrees warmer than when I left this morning.

First thing we did at home was to take Ms P on her walk.  She does not object when both Nancy and I accompany her on the walk.

Lunch and then I ironed several pair of khakis.  Wrote monthly note to Grandkids.

Beef pot pie for dinner tonight.  Nancy said I might not be able to take nightly walk because showers are moving in.  Stay tuned!

No rain so I took my short evening walk.  Thursday night and Acorn releases another episode of Doc Martin.  Love Doc Martin.


No comments: