Thursday, October 12, 2017

Wednesday October 11, 2017

Blog time 1200 at Panera

Alarm goes off at 0530 because today is Breakfast Club Wednesday.  It rained all night and was still raining when I left at 0630.  Stopped at Panera to get a coffee to go.  The freeway was unusually crowded this morning. The rain made driving difficult.  In fact I think it was the rain that kept many members home this morning.  That is a shame because this morning’s speaker gave a good presentation.  He was from Celebration Cinema and talked about the changes in the movie industry, from reclining chairs, to beer and wine and now live streaming the NY Metropolitan Opera.  He also gave an update on Celebration’s Downtown Theatre.  The theater will open in late 18 and has its own parking structure.

After BC I headed home and changed clothes and took Ms P out.  As soon as she got out she started barking and chasing six wild turkeys in our front yard.  I was glad to see her actions had little impact on the turkeys.  They continued eating.  Great, I like to see the turkeys.  They should be the State Bird.  Robins are fair weather sissies.

It was still raining so I drove to Panera.

Theresa May has been getting a lot of flack in the London papers for her slow progress on BRexit.  They hint her day’s are numbered.

Harvey Weinstein is dominating the news.  How did his antics escape for all these years?  His friends in the Democratic Party are all bailing out.

Still raining when I left Panera.  This afternoon Nancy is working at the Gardens and after her shift is heading directly to Book Club.

I walked around the block before lunch.  Took out trash and did a load of laundry before taking a nap.  

The temperature has been in the 50s all day.  Rain stopped this afternoon.

Left home at 1630 and headed to Vitale’s on Leonard.  Met Tom Moleski for dinner.  Always good food at Vitale’s.

At home I walked Ms P to the corner a distance of 0.6 miles.  She had not been walking all day.

Nancy said they had a good Book Club meeting.  100% attendance with good food and discussion.

We watched an episode of The Killing.  Nancy headed to bed and I watched an episode of Rake.  I love this show.  I think it is a guy thing.




No comments: