Thursday, April 27, 2017

Wednesday April 26, 2017

Blog time 1124 at Panera.

Alarm goes off at 0530. Today I have Breakfast Club. BC starts at 0700. We are meeting at the University Club on the 10th floor of the 5/3 Building. I am unfamiliar with University Club so I will leave plenty of time to find parking, etc.

Left at 0630 and the sun was just coming up. I forgot folks don't go downtown early so finding a parking place was a breeze.

We had a good turnout this morning and most folks were impressed with the facility. In fact we voted to make the U Club our new permanent home. I was given a parking card so exiting the parking garage was easy and free.

On my way home I stopped at the Fulton Street Farmer's Market to buy some rhubarb. The place was empty. Too early for rhubarb.

Next stop was Lowe's to buy four more bags of mulch. At home changed into my knickers and pedaled to Panera.

This afternoon I will finish spreading the mulch and do a load of laundry.

Nancy is working at the Gardens this afternoon.

The upcoming election and BRexit still dominates the U.K. news. The WSJ is awaiting today's proposed tax plan by the Trump administration. I heard the news conference this afternoon that outlined the proposed plan. The plan includes several items that will be difficult to get approval. The deduction of local property taxes will not be allowed. The folks in high property tax states will fight to keep this deduction

As soon as I got home I started spreading mulch. It took two bags of mulch to complete the courtyard. I wanted the courtyard completed before our Saturday party. The temperature reached 80 this afternoon.

I also did a load of laundry. After these chores I took a shower and then a short nap.

Ms P and I did take a short walk. Washed the basement slider windows and spent some time checking my finances.

We had a light dinner and watched the news. Finished my outdoor activities with a walk around the block.

We watched Pie in the Sky on Netflix. Actually Nancy watched because I slept through most of the show.

No comments: