Saturday, April 15, 2017

Friday April 14, 2017

Blog time 1135 at Panera

Bright sun this morning but temps in low 40s with high east wind. I did layer up because of the wind. Took the 7.5 mile route to Y.

Stock market is closed today so the cable business shows are running fluff. It was also a slow news day for the London papers.

The U.K. has the same problems with drugs, health care and social services that the USA does. I think their problems might be more severe than ours.

Of course Putin has a father of all bombs (FOAB) that is four time larger than ours. This sounds like boys saying mine is bigger than yours!

Big election in Turkey this Sunday. If the referendum passes Erdogan will have more power. Poll show the election is a toss up.

I guess the Bellagio had a big fire last night. It closed the strip.

Remembering Good Friday in my youth.

My Grandmother Scott always said you plant your peas on Good Friday.

Our spring break in Alpena consisted of no school on Good Friday and the following Monday. That was it.

The Downtown stores were closed from 1200 to 1500 so folks could go to church.

Headed straight home after Panera. Tried to take Ms P on a walk but she would not oblige me. She has been very lethargic lately.

Spent some time going through the family documents. I took them out to work on the while I was recovering from the recent surgery. Of course I never accomplished my goal.

I got my DNA kit from My Heritage yesterday. Read the instructions and all they need is a simple cheek swap. Tomorrow.

Nancy is still under the weather so for dinner I drove to Panera for soup. Chicken noodle for Nancy and clam chowder for me. It was tasty.

We watched two episodes of an Australian crime show, The Doctor Blake Mysteries. Good show.

No comments: