Friday, April 7, 2017

Friday April 7, 2017

Blog time: 0930 at Panera

Cold and windy this morning. No snow or frost last night. Headed out this morning in bright sunshine.

The buds are now on the trees and bushes. Full leaves should be out in several weeks.

Nancy headed out to MVP for a class followed by brunch with her friend Kathi.

I thought the London papers would be full on criticism of the actions of the USA last night against Syria. Their comments were muted with several officials supporting the US's action.

Spent some time talking to a neighbor. Found out he worked in Palo Alto, Ca the same time that I did. He worked for the YMCA and spent some time at the Redwood City Y. Nancy and I belonged to this Y. It was down the street from our apartment. Today he was having lunch with a high school classmate of my sister, Helen.

The WSJ also had muted comment on last night's Syrian raid.

As soon as I got home I took Ms P on her walk. We got about 30% into the walk when she refused to move. I brought her home.

This afternoon I got in the Escape and headed out. Stopped at Meijer's and bought three pack of reading glasses. Total cost $10.

Next stop was Woodland Mall. Stopped at Brookstone and asked about getting a part for my electronic stylus. They did not have any parts but she said that if I brought back the box she would replace it. I noted a lot of empty store in the Mall.

At home had a quick lunch and then a nap.

Nancy had brunch with Kathi at their new favorite restaurant, Matchbox. Nancy had their favorite breakfast Latkes pancakes.

After the nap I took a walk around the block. It was a beautiful spring day. The forsythia are in bloom. I have a bad case of spring fever. In fact this morning I put away my long underwear for the year.

Nancy fixed lamb chops and a sweet potato for dinner. Great meal.

Watched some news and then took another walk around the block.

We watched an Irish Cop show on Acorn before turning in.

No comments: