Sunday, April 23, 2017

Saturday April 22, 2017

Blog time 1055 at Panera.

Set the alarm for 0630 this morning. Today I am attending a Men's Breakfast at Trinity Lutheran. The event was well attended. I actually knew several men in attendance. Basic breakfast buffet food. Short bible lesson and then a seminar on the church's program to shelter homeless families. I learned at lot.

It was in the mid 30s when I left home this morning. It is now 55 with high today in mid 60s. At this time of year the sun has warmth to it and temps rise rapidly after sunrise.

Folks visiting GR should be impressed with all the flowers and fruit trees in bloom. A really great time of year.

Panera is now beginning to fill with youth soccer and ball teams having a bite after their morning games.

Happy Earth Day! Today is also the 79th birthday of this blogger. I remember another Saturday birthday in 1972. I had a big project in Kentwood and had to do some layout work for a contractor so he could begin work on Monday. It was a typical cold windy spring day. I really pushed the guys because I wanted to get home early because tonight Nancy and the girls were taking me out to dinner at Savory Street at least I think that was the restaurant's name.
I got home in time to shower and get dressed before we headed out. It was a great birthday dinner. Oh the things I remember.

Nancy did some yard work today. She said we were out of yard waste bags. We all got in the Escape and headed to Lowe's. Lowe's was jammed with folks taking advantage of the nice day to get some yard work done. We were going to buy some mulch and yard waste bags but decided to come back Monday. We did stop at Ace and I bought the yard waste bags and a pair of safety glasses.

Took Ms P on a nice walk. Completed washing outside windows and filled a yard waste bag. Finished the afternoon with a nap.

At 1800 we headed out to Shariz a local Persian restaurant. Nancy took me out to celebrate my birthday. I had the lamb shank and Nancy had a Persian chicken dish. Great birthday dinner.

Debbie FaceTimed me from San Jose and Missy from Hawaii. They both wished me a Happy birthday.

Steve called me with birthday wishes. Steve has a great story of an occurrence on a family walk in Malibu. It is a really great story.

We watched an episode of Death in Paradise before turning in.

On this date in 1938 GGF Sanborn said it was cold and windy in Ossineke. GGF spent the day hauling leaves and cleaning his chicken coop. GGF also noted that Robert Hughes Scott was born in Alpena.





No comments: