Saturday, April 1, 2017

Friday March 31, 2017

Blog time: 0920 at Panera

Walked out this morning into a steady drizzle. Temp in mid 20s.

No Y or calisthenics this morning because at 1030 I am helping the condo association evaluate wood decks.

I hustle to Panera for a quick read. While ordering I ran into Jim Moresi our financial planner. I bought Jim breakfast. We had a nice talk.

Got a call from the surgeon and my surgery is Tuesday at 0815.

The London papers are concentrating on the trails of BRexit and pesky Scotland.

Spain has said they will not approve BRexit unless the U.K. gives up Gibraltar. Everyone has an axe to grind.

I had the 1030 meeting so I left Panera early and walked home in the drizzle.

Today John Baar and I were planning on inspecting decks, chimneys and retaining walls for condo units. John is a Board member of our condo association. I was surprised at how many small repairs are needed. We looked at three units before it started to rain. Inspections to resume next week.

Still needing exercise I drove to the Y and did the routine at 60%. Walked two miles and was surprised at how many folks lapped me. Twenty minute miles are slow at the Y. It is difficult for me to walk faster than a 20' miles.

Stopped at Meijer's to pick up a prescription.

Quick lunch and then Nancy and I headed to Costco. Nancy picked up a prescription and we bought several small items. For a Friday Costco was not very crowded.

The drizzle continued most of the afternoon.

Took a short nap.

Nancy made homemade pea soup for dinner. It was great. We also started a baguette from Trader Joe's. Love baguettes.

After dinner I took a walk around the block.

We watched A new show on Netflix called Rosewood. It was terrible.

I think the English know how to produce mysteries that adults can enjoy. The last two USA shows that we watched on Netflix were really bad.

No comments: