Monday, April 17, 2017

Monday April 17, 2017

Blog time 1055 at Panera

Happy Birthday Alessandra Scott. Today is Grand Daughter Alessandra's eight birthday. Hope she has a great day.

Today is also the birthday of Alessandra's Great Grandfather Robert Scott. GGF Scott would be 111 today.

Woke up this morning to bright sunshine. On these days I have trouble figuring out what to wear. I erred on the side of caution. I layered up and this was a mistake. Tomorrow I will wear my knickers.

I have lowered my dose of steroids from 25mg to 5mg. I can tell the difference. At 25mg I could climb hills on my bike route with no problem. Now I struggle to reach the top. Yes indeed steroid are performance enhancers. At least that is my observation.

Flowers are in full bloom and in several days the leaves will also be out.

The London papers must have taken Easter weekend off. Not much to report on.

Blog resumes at 1715, sitting on deck drinking wine

The WSJ was short on interesting articles today. I did read about Erdogan's win inTurkey. This win give Erdogan more power.

I always read stories about the political problems in Brazil and Venezuela. I hope we do not have the level of corruption by our elected officials as experienced in these two countries.

I took Ms P on a short walk. She did not fight me so tomorrow I will resume our normal walks.

Quick lunch and then some chores. Scheduled a visit by our heating and cooling company for next week. This is the annual checkup of our AC unit.

Called a watch repair clearing house to see if I can find a Rolex repair house within 50 miles of GR.

As mentioned earlier, today would be my father's 111 birthday. Called my Sister, Helen, and we talked about Dad. Helen is back in Gaylord, MI.

I did manage to sandwich in a quick nap. Finished the outdoor activities with a two mile walk.

Sitting on the deck near our bird feeder I have noted several small birds that I am unfamiliar with. Think I will buy a "Birds of Michigan" book or maybe I can get one for my iPhone.

Nancy is still under the weather. She has been resting and drinking plenty of fluids.

Light dinner, the news and then maybe a Netflix show. I like the new season of Rake.

We will try to FaceTime Alessandra later to wish her a Happy Birthday.
Today was the running of the Boston Marathon. In 1975 and 1977 your Blogger ran in this event. It was a great experience. My times were around 3h30' which is not great but ok for an amateur. Great ego trip.

No comments: