Sunday, November 29, 2015

Sunday November 29, 2015

Sunday morning but today we decide to take it easy. So no swim today. It was sunny and cold this morning, 20. I decided to take a walk before going to Meijer's. I walked 3.5 miles in 60 minutes. As soon as I got home we headed to Meijer's. Gas today was $1.54. I filled up for $12. I agree with the pundits that the low gas prices are the same as a middle class tax cut. Nancy fixed her world famous poached eggs for breakfast. I had mine on a waffle. I read the funnies and sports page and then took my afternoon nap. Ms P and I took our daily walk and then Nancy gave me some packages to mail to the grandkids. I walked over to Meijer's and mailed then. Nancy is fixing salmon burgers for dinner tonight. They look good. Just got off the phone with my sister. She said it is cold in Tucson. We will watch 60 minutes and Madame Secretary. I will watch a netflix show on my ipad to see if it keeps cutting out like on our TV. On this date in 1938 my Great Grandfather Sanborn died. He was born on St Pat's day in 1856 so he was 82. I am alway quoting from his 1938 diary. James Lee Sanborn was a real role model for me. During his life he was an owner of sawmills, State Legislator, real estate agent, farmer and speculator. He tried to plant peanuts in MI but they all froze. He was going to raise a special breed of sheep but as soon as they arrived at the RR Sta in Alpena they all ran away. My GGF was a joiner. I think my Dad inherited this trait. I am drinking a glass of scotch to toast GGF. The scotch was made in the hometown, Campbeltown, Scotland, of another GGF, Dr James McTavish. I hope GGF Sanborn forgive my scotch indulgence because he was a teetotaler. Remember to get your 30 minutes outdoors every day.

No comments: