Friday, November 13, 2015

Friday November 13, 2015

It was another dark gloomy day with very high winds. On my bike ride to the Y I had to buck the winds. I used a low gear all the way. The Y was very crowded. It must be the cold weather that drove everyone inside. It was a good ride to Panera because I had a tail wind. It started snowing as I approached Panera. The first snow of the year. Luckily it did not stick. The WSJ is actively reporting on the unrest on college campuses. Are student protests trying to stifle free speech? I think they are. Being politically correct has gone too far. GM and the UAW just signed a big contract but a report today said GM will start importing Buicks from China. They also are making their economy cars in Mexico. Twenty years ago the UAW would not allow any GM cars that were not made by their members. As soon as I got home I drove to Costco. They had some lined waterproof pants on sale last week. I checked out their supply and found they did not have my size. Had a quick lunch and then headed down to the office. I finally completed my family history research. For dinner tonight we headed to Brann’s. The place was crowded. We got the last table. Brann’s have great salads so we both had one. Mary Namey called this evening and invited us to dinner at a Persian restaurant tomorrow night. We accepted. We spent some time watching the news reports from Paris. After the bad news we needed some relief. We watched two shows on netflix.

No comments: