Sunday, November 8, 2015

Sunday November 8, 2015

Up with the alarm at 0645, today is swim day. Temperature was 28 when Ms P and I went out. We had a heavy frost, the first of the year. The pool was crowded this morning. We both swam 30 minues. Gas at Meijer's today was $2.37. Our shopping list was small today. Grapes, apple, bananas, and yogurt topped the list. Nancy fixed her world famous scrambled eggs for breakfast. We watched some of the Sunday news shows and then I took Ms P on her walk. I took my Sunday nap. Spent some time in the office going over family history. I did find that the Hughes branch of my family started in Wales and then moved to Ireland before coming to Canada. I always thought we were 100% Irish. I ended the afternoon with a two mile walk. Nancy fixed beans and rice for dinner. It was great. It is now 1934 and we are watching 60 minutes. Facts about the year of my birth, 1938: the first passenger ship with radar made its debut In Los Angeles, March, floods and landslides caused over 200 deaths and leave over 20,000 homeless in Sep a hurricane in New England kills 700 people Japan and Russia are at war Kate Smith introduces the song "God Bless America", only folks over 50 would appreciate this FDR was president and John Garner was VP Life Expectancy 59.7 years Ball point pens and teflon were introduced A new house cost $3,900, Average income was $1,731, a new car cost $860, average rent was $27 per month, movie ticket $0.25. gas was $0.10 per gallon, postage was $0.03 milk was $0.50 per gallon, eggs were $0.18 per dozen, hamburger was $0.13

No comments: