Sunday, November 22, 2015

Sunday November 22, 2015

The cold weather continues. Temps today were in the mid 20s but with no snow. I have been having some strange sleep patterns lately. Today I got up at 0300 and decided to shave my face and head. I then went back to bed until the alarm went off at 0646. Today is Sunday so we were at MVP by 0800. Nancy went swimming but I just walked on the treadmill for 2 miles, 30 minutes. I decided not to swim because I have developed a sinus infection. Riding my bike into the cold wind really chills my left side sinus. This is the area where I had shingles. The shingles caused some nerve damage. The area is very sensitive to cold. At least that is my theory. Gas today was $1.94. For the first time in ages I filled up the Taurus for less than $20. Our weekly mileage is pretty constant at 130-150. Nancy fixed her world famous scrambled eggs for breakfast. I read the comics and then took my Sunday nap. After the nap I took Ms P on her walk. I see some folks have put coats on their dogs but the cold weather does not seem to bother Ms P. We forgot to buy milk at Meijer’s this morning. I grabbed a back pack and walked over to the store. I was surprised at how busy Meijer’s was this afternoon. Today starts the second week of deer season. Recent snow provides hunters with good tracking conditions. The Alpena News had an article on Friday saying that this has been a good deer season in NE MI. Thanksgiving week in 1961 was a busy week for young Ensign Scott. I completed the CEC Officer’s School in Port Hueneme, CA. A classmate of mine Ensign Duffy from MA gave me a ride up to the Treasure Island Navy Base. Treasure Island is located in San Francisco Bay. An ramp off the San Francisco-Oakland Bridge provides access to the base. Treasurer Island was the major demarcation for Navy folks going oversea. Ensign Duffy and I spent some time driving the steep hill of San Francisco. I think I left for Pearl Harbor on Tuesday or Wednesday because I remember having Thanksgiving Dinner at the Pearl Harbor BOQ. The next day I headed to Midway Island. Oh the things we remember.

No comments: