Thursday, November 12, 2015

Thursday November 12, 2015

2130: I am late writing the blog. It has been a busy day. Slept in until 0700 this morning. It started raining early this morning and it rained most of the day. It was dark, raining, very windy and down right gloomy when I headed out so I got in the Cobalt and drove to the Y. Did the calisthenics and also rowed 2K. Showered and drove to Woodland Mall. I walked about two miles before stopping at Starbucks for coffee and a chance to read the WSJ. I think it is a bit early but the Mall has a Santa. I left the Mall about 1200 and it was still blowing and raining. It was so dark that I think my flash would go off if I took a photo. Ms P had an appointment at the groomers at 1230. As soon as I got home we got in the Taurus and headed out. The groomer said it would take about 2 hours. On our way home we stopped at Macatawa Bank to get some money for Kim. She is coming to clean tomorrow. Our next stop was the Cascade Library. Nancy dropped off a book bag from her Book Club. I got a library card. I started a load of laundry, had a quick lunch and then headed downstairs to check on family history. I am amazed at all the info I have. This afternoon I reviewed my Mother's family, Hughes. My Great Grandfather Hughes was from County Wexford in Ireland. The family lived in several small communities near Gorey. Ballylacey mentioned in several documents is not shown on modern maps. Apple maps puts a pin near Ballybacey but the aerial view does not shown any development. We do not have any proof but family lore has it that the Hughes family was originally from Hollyhead, Wales. Family members boarded a ship in late 1600s to head to North America when a terrible storm forced the ship to land near Wexford, Ireland. The women refused to get back on board so the Hughes family stayed in Ireland until 1818. In 1818 they settled along the Ottawa River in Quebec, Canada. Nancy picked up Ms P at 1530. The Groomer gave her a great cut. I finished the afternoon with a 2 mile walk. It had stopped raining but the winds were blowing about 22 mph. Nancy fixed chicken and rice dish for dinner. She also cooked an acorn squash. I love squash. We watched the news and Big Bang before switching to a show on netflix. Despite the gloom I got my 30 minutes in today.

No comments: