Saturday, November 7, 2015

Saturday November 7, 2015

Normal fall weather returns with temps in the low 40s this morning. It was breezy with intermittent sun. I slept in until 0745 this morning. Bundled up and pedaled to Panera. I had their oatmeal and sourdough toast. On Saturday I have time to read most sections of the WSJ. Health care, Syria, plane crash in Egypt, China's economy, Keystone pipeline and of course presidential politics dominates. After breakfast I stopped at Macatawa Bank to make a deposit. The jacket I was wearing needed to be cleaned so Nancy recommended Kim's in a mall at the 28th and Cascade intersection. Kim's was closed so I pedaled around and finally found a Sheldon Cleaners. I pedaled around the neighborhood and got home at 1200. Nancy has to work at the Christmas Sale at the Gardens this afternoon so I drove her. Ms P and I took our nature walk and about 1/2 way through we encountered a hail storm. It lasted only about 15 minutes but spooked Ms P. I had lunch, put away my laundry, checked some family history before taking a very short nap. At 1630 I drove back to the Gardens. I met Ed Namey in the lobby and waited for Mary and Nancy to finish their shift. We all had dinner at Kitchen 67. It was very good. It is now 2000 and we are watching the MSU/Nebraska game. Did you know that the most successful Nebraska Football Coach, Bob Devaney, was the football coach at AHS? He left after my freshman year. His starting salary at Nebraska in 1961 was $17,000. My salary as a young engineer just out of college was $6,500. My how times have changed.

No comments: