Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Tuesday November 17, 2015

The body woke up this morning at 0710. I have to be home by 1100 because Phil Dougherty, electrician, is stopping by to install a new fan and to rewire a fixture downstairs. I have to hurry to get home by 1100. I did the calisthenics at home and then took a short bike ride, 10 miles. Showered and drove to Panera for coffee. I had only 20 minutes to read the paper. Phil arrived on time and went right to work. He had to get up in our attic so I emptied the closet near the attic hatch. I also had to remove two shelves. The shelves were very difficult to get out. I borrowed a saw from Phil and sawed about 1/4” from an end. Problem solved. Phil had no problem installing the fan. However, it was impossible to rewire the outlet that we use for the electric space heater. The overhead ducts were full. We decided to abandon this project. Just as Phil was wrapping up the techs from EPS can over to fix our alarm system’s low battery. They spent over an hour fixing the problem. I had a quick lunch and then Ms P and I took our walk. I added about 1/2 mile to the walk. It was warm today but gloomy. In fact the street lights were on in the Gatehouse condo area. Gatehouse is next to our condo association, The Meadows. I took a short nap and was going on a quick walk when it started to rain. No walk today. Nancy fixed beef/potato soup and beans and rice for dinner. It is now 2100 and we are watching the news on PBS. Later we will watch NCIS before turning. We can not get on the internet. My laptop says we are connected but still cannot get online. I hope all the electric work done by Phil and EPS did not mess up the system. Stay tuned! I just went downstairs and unplugged the modem and router and after a minute plugged them back in. Hooray, we are back online.

No comments: