Thursday, November 19, 2015

Thursday November 19, 2015

This blog is being written at 2122 on Nov 19: It has been a very windy day. Wind speeds have been above 20 mph most of the day. No sunshine but it was not cold with temps in the 40s. I slept in and then got on the bike and headed to the Y. I took the 9 mile route. With the leaves off the trees I can see clearly all the fine homes along the Thornapple River. Several big homes already have great Christmas decorations up. Why are the lights on these displays on all night? It has to be expensive. I bucked the high winds going up Ada Drive. I also had to stop the bike and carry it over a tree that had been blown over the bike path. The Y was crowded this morning but not much activity in the area where I do my calisthenics. They had a big sign up saying only 18 days until the new Y is open. I cannot wait, it is only 1.5 miles from the condo. I stopped at Panera for my morning coffee. The Paris attack still dominates the news. It looks like Russia, USA and EU are going to cooperate in Syria. I do not agree with the GOP’s efforts to stop Syrian immigrants. The USA is a nation of immigrants and we should not forget this. First thing I did when I got home was to take Ms P on her walk. The high wind did not seem to bother her. After lunch I spent some time trying to get Nancy’s computer to connect to the printer. Not much luck! Finished the afternoon with a two mile walk. For dinner tonight we headed to Great Lakes Shipping. We both had their prime rib sandwich. It was very tasty. It is now 2153 and we are watching Midsomer Murders on netflix. I am signing off.

No comments: