Sunday, March 1, 2015

Saturday February 28, 2015

The last day of February and we have another day with the temperature below zero, -3. The cold weather is not so bad when we have blue skies and sunshine. The GR area has set a record for the coldest February on record. Nancy and I get in the Taurus and head to the Omelette Shop for breakfast. We got to the restaurant before 0800 so we did not have to wait. On Saturday mornings in GR if you get to a restaurant after 0800 you have to wait. Nancy had pancakes and I had the oatmeal. We both enjoyed the food. On the way home we stopped at Bed, Bath and Beyond to purchase some brass polish and for me an apple corer. My first chore was to replace a bulb in one of our outside garage lights. Nancy said she thought the Condo should replace the lights. I don’t think so. Anyway it is no big deal. Nancy and I did our semi-annual task of polishing the big brass table. It is a chore but worth it because the table looks so good. I walked over to Panera for coffee and a chance to read the WSJ. I see our clowns in the US House extended the funding for Homeland Security for a week. I still don’t understand Net Neutrality or for that matter Greece, Ukraine or the Middle East. I took a 2.5 mile route home. It is now 1600. Nancy and I are going out for dinner. Site unknown: stay tuned. For dinner we drove to Ada Village and ate at Vitales. We split a 14” pizza. We started watching the new House of Cards on Netflix but it kept bombing out so we watched Life instead.

No comments: