Thursday, March 26, 2015

Thursday March 26, 2015

Thursday March 26, 2015 Today was a dark gloomy day. Temps were in the mid 30s all day. Nancy left early to go swimming at MVP. I did the at home calisthenics and then bundled up and got on the bike and went on my favorite bike route. From the condo to Panera Bread is 12.5 miles. Panera was really crowded today. The WSJ is more confused than I am of the situation in Yemen. Is the Middle East about to explode into all out war? After Panera I pedaled to Macatawa Bank to get some money for Kim. She is coming to clean tomorrow. We are trying to get our taxes done but Nancy still does not have info on her Mother’s trusts. Nancy has been in contact with her sister Peg and the attorney Ellen. Every year we face the same thing. Speaking of money I just got off the phone with Well Fargo Advisers. They recommend we sell a stock. I agreed. Nancy and I are going to Lowe’s soon to look for a glider. We will also stop at a pet shop to get a product that will stop Petunia from shedding. Tonight we are going to Great Lakes Shipping for dinner. This date in 1961. It was Sunday March 26 (Palm Sunday) when I wrote my Mother. This week I got a tax refund of $80. I calculated that if I don’t go in the Navy I will have enough money by June 22 to buy a car. On June 26 I would have over $600 in the bank and be debt free. Last night I saw Cimarron a western starring Glen Ford. I thought it was terrible. I have been trying to contact my Dad’s uncle, John Scott. I was having trouble because there were over 20 John Scotts in the Detroit phone book. I asked Mom for an address or middle initial. My job as a civilian working for the Corps was very boring. I kind of unloaded on Mom about how terrible the job was. Every day I walked to downtown Detroit from my apartment on East Grand Blvd. I walked on Jefferson and it took 35 minutes. Today was Sunday so I was heading to the library to read some periodicals. 1658 Nancy and I just got back from running errands. We stopped at the Chow Hound and got Ms P a fur brush. Next we stopped at Lowe’s to look for a glider. They had none so we headed to Home Depot. They had a glider that fit our needs. However, it was part of a set and we did not want the full set. We both had the prime rib at Great Lakes. After dinner we stopped at Russo’s and bought 3 bottles of wine. It is now 2000 and we are starting to watch an episode of House of Cards. 19 the low tonight and 30 the high tomorrow. This will be the end of the cold weather. Think Spring!

No comments: