Thursday, November 20, 2014

Wednesday November 19, 2014

Wednesday November 19, 2014 Wednesday my easy day, no exercises and no breakfast club. Nancy headed to MVP and I bundled up and walked to Sundance Restaurant. It is still very cold and the snow continues to pile up. The weather folks say we have had over a foot of snow. Peanuts compared to Buffalo. In fact Tahoe Drive, a public road, has not been plowed. I don’t know if the Cobalt could make it up our little hill. No problem with the Taurus because it is AWD. Sundance was not very crowded. I had their scrambled eggs and ham item. It is really good. The WSJ is very good about covering the news outside the USA. Our local paper or TV never covers these stories. The nightly news is becoming more fluff than substance. It was still snowing hard when I left Sundance. The sidewalks had not been plowed. At home I gathered up all the sweaters that needed to be dry cleaned. I put them in a back pack and walked to “The Cleaner’s Place”. The nice Korean lady said that she has owned the cleaners for over twenty years. I then stopped next door at the print shop and ordered some address labels. The walk home was brutal because I was walking into the wind. I even stopped at our bank just so I could warm up. The Manager of the bank knew our son Stephen. They played LL Baseball and tennis together. His name is Kip Dozema. Nancy has a busy afternoon. I drove her to Meijer’s Garden so she could do her shift. Her friend Kathi is picking her up at 1530 and they are going to a paper sale. I am meeting Nancy and Kathi at Founder’s Brewery at 1730. On my way home from the gardens I stopped at the Apple Store. Despite the miserable weather the place was crowded. I bought a mouse for the Air. Ended the afternoon with a nap. At 1700 I got in the Taurus and headed to Founder’s Brewery. I choose surface street because I thought the freeway would be jammed. Bad choice. I took me over an hour to go about 12 miles. The event at Founder’s was for Art Prize folks. I had a pale ale of Founder’s and found it quite good. Nancy and I left about 1700. GR had not plowed the street where I parked. I was on a slight incline with a car right in front. I could not move the Taurus, even with the AWD. I walked back to Founders to borrow a shovel. Founders was really good they not only provided a shovel but also a shoveler. It took about 10 minutes to get out. At home we watched some TV before turning in.

No comments: