Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Wednesday November 12, 2014

Wednesday November 12, 2014 Breakfast Club Wednesday, up at 0600 and get ready for drive to BC. Luckily no snow on the ground. If we had new snow I would have had to take surface streets. I take the interstate and have some problems with bumper to bumper traffic traveling at 70 mph in pitch black conditions. We had a poor turnout. Our aging members don’t like driving in the dark. Today’s speaker was Tom Radimaker a GRP columnist who writes about every day folks. He gave a great talk. After BC I drove to Gaslight Village Starbucks for coffee. As always the place was jammed. I read the WSJ. My reason for Gaslight Village was that I wanted to buy lined chinos at the Woolrich Store. At 1000 I walked to the store and found that the space was taken over by a skateboard store. Apparently Woolrich clothes are not popular in EGR. I drove to Woodland Mall to look for lined chinos. No luck. Got a call from the eye doctor saying my glasses were in. I drove downtown and picked up my new glasses. When I got home I took Ms P on a 1.25 mile walk. It was 30 but she did not seem to mind the cold. I then took a two mile walk. I met a new neighbor, Bob Clark. He has lived in the condo unit for 30 years. Bob has a real gift of gab. He is 90 years old and sharp as a tack. Nancy worked at the Gardens this afternoon. We will have a light dinner and then watch some netflix. This day in Ossineke, Mi, 1938: It was a Saturday, Great grandfather Sanborn had an easy day. He worked in the Post Office in the morning and in the afternoon hauled four loads of manure.

No comments: