Sunday, November 16, 2014

Friday November 14, 2014

Friday November 14, 2014 No MVP today I have an early lunch appointment. Did the calisthenics at home. Walked over to Panera for coffee and to read WSJ. Spent over an hour reading and then walked home. Got in Cobalt and drove to Keizer’s in Lowell. I had an 1130 lunch with Jennifer Dougherty. Jennifer brought me up to speed as to what was happening in her world. Jennifer’s world is a busy one with four kids. Living in a rural she puts a lot of miles on her van driving the kids to appointments. All her kids ride the bus. A big advantage of living in GR was that all our kids could walk to school through the eighth grade. Ottawa Elementary and Iroquois Middle were only a block away. I did have time to take an afternoon walk. I also took a short nap. At 1730 we got dressed and headed to a retired Navy Officer’s get together at Cascade Country Club. I even wore a tie. Usually this group meets about once a quarter for drinks. Today’s event included Officers and their spouse. About 20 folks were in attendance. I was the only officer who had not been on a ship. It was a great evening hearing about all the places visited. The food was also very good.

No comments: