Sunday, September 1, 2013

Saturday August 31, 2013

Saturday the last day of August and the start of the Labor Day Weekend. We did not get up until 0830. Nancy and I had breakfast at the Wealthy Street Bakery. We each had a scone and coffee. The bakery is located at the corner of Union and Wealthy. It was very crowded. The day was hot and humid. I decided to take a bike ride. I loaded up my road bike and headed to Millennium Park. Today I wore my new shoes with the pedal clips. I rode 21 miles in 1h40'. It is easier to hill climb with the shoe clips, especially on a single speed bike. I took Ms P on her mile walk. At 1630 we got in the Taurus and headed to the movie theater at Knapp's Corner. We saw the "Butler". It was a good movie. We had hot dogs for dinner and watched the US Open tennis and some football game on TV. Today was the season opener for UM. They won but I think it is too early for football.

No comments: