Monday, September 30, 2013

Monday September 30, 2013

This morning is one of my early mornings. I arrived at the MAC at 0600. I am always surprised that the parking lot is full. In fact a lot of folks have finished their workout by 0600. I did my swim and calisthenics and then pedaled to the Starbucks in Gaslight Village. Todays WSJ continued reporting on the health care exchanges. Republicans are complaining about all the glitches in the computer programs that run the exchanges. I think that this should be expected on a task this large and complex. It is just a matter of time before the bugs are worked out. The Affordable Care Law is the law and Republicans should live with it. The law can be modified later. I got home at 1100. It was too early for lunch so I took Ms P on her mile walk. After lunch I did take a quick nap. It is now 1639 and my next project this afternoon is password protection. The new Apple operating systems has several unique features. I have under the weather icon the cities of GR, LA, Cupertino, Alpena and Edinburgh, Scotland. The new system gives the time of sunrise and sunset. Did you know that the sunset time in LA is 1836, Cupertino 1851, GR 1923, Alpena 1915. I think the reason the sunset time in GR is greater than LA is because GR sits on the far west side of the time zone. The sunset for NYC is 1838 or 45' before GR. Who really cares except a retired engineer? My phone keeps sending me Breaking News messages. President Obama is going to speak to the nation at 1645. I bought a jar of herring in wine sauce at Costco. Nancy can't stand the smell but I really like herring. Must be a guy thing. Herring is popular in northern Europe where the fish is plentiful. Speaking of food, tonight we will have a light dinner and then watch some TV before heading upstairs. I got my 30 in today did you? FYI Nancy is feeling much better. She took several classes at the MAC today.

No comments: