Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Wednesday September 4, 2013

I just got a notice that today's Grand Rapids Building Authority meeting has been canceled. We have not had a meeting all summer. We have not had a new project in several years. I think the bad economy has made new projects difficult to justify. The weather has been so nice that I have not had time to work on the computer. Today is the first time in several days that I have turned on my computer. I have been doing this blog on my iPhone. This morning I had Breakfast Club. Several years ago the membership was above 100 members. We got a new register today and the membership is down to 45. Age is beginning to catch up with many members. At my table of 8 I am the only one below the age of 80. The retired dentist that sits next to me talked about his days as a Navy Corpsman during WWII. The Dr is now 87 years old. He is in good shape and sharp as a tack. My role model. The Speaker this morning did not show up so a member who restores antique cars talked about his business. It was one of the most interesting talks all year. Nancy had to work at the Gardens this afternoon. After BC I stopped at Starbucks in Gaslight to read my paper. Today I loaded up my road bike and headed to the Muskatawa Trail. The parking lot was crowded. Most of the riders are retired folks like me. It was a great day for a ride. I did 24 miles in under 2 hr. When I got home I took Ms P on a walk and then took a short nap. We will have a light dinner and then watch some TV. The leaves are turning.

No comments: