Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Wednesday September 25, 2013

Today was Michigan at its best. Bright sun, great color and temperatures in the high 60s. I started the day pedaling to Bill's for their oatmeal breakfast. The WSJ had several articles on the new insurance exchanges that are open for enrollment on October 1. The law is so complicated that I think when it all shakes out the result will be far different from what was intended. When I got home I loaded the road bike on the C2 and headed to Montcalm County. The trail is called the Fred Meijer Heartland Trail. It runs from Greenville and heads northeast towards Alma on an old railroad bed. I started in Sydney and ended up in Edmore. I rode 25 miles in two hours. I ran into two hard core bikers who were riding from Alma to Stanton a distance of 30 miles. They average 16 mph. With my single speed I average 12 mph. Today is Nancy's easy day also. She is on the Volunteer Committee for the new japanese Gardens. They had a morning meeting. The Japanese Garden is scheduled to open in 2015. Nancy also had to work at the front desk. They had over 2,000 visitors this afternoon. We had a light dinner and watched the news. No new shows tonight so we headed upstairs at 2100.

No comments: