Monday, September 23, 2013

Monday September 23, 2013

It was real cold this morning, 41. When I left at 0530 I had multiple layers on. Layers work. Only one person was in the pool when I jumped in at 0600. I almost broke my 40' goal, 40'12". I had my coffee at Starbucks in Breton Village this morning. It took 90' to read the WSJ. When I left Breton Village the sun was bright and the temperature had risen to 61. This afternoon Nancy and I headed downtown to visit Art Prize. We toured the downtown area. We started at the Bob and then walked across the Blue Bridge to the GR Public Museum. We crossed Pearl and saw the venues at the Gerald Ford Museum and then the Convention Center. We took the skyway back to the Amway Grand Plaza. The skyway had a lot of exhibits. Several folks have said that they did not think the art work was not as good as in previous years. I do not agree. I thought the exhibits were better than last year. Nancy and I spent 2.5 hours downtown. It was good to see so many folks walking around enjoying Art Prize on a beautiful fall afternoon. We had a light dinner and then watched some reruns on TV. The new season has not started for the shows we enjoy.

No comments: