Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Wednesday July 3, 2013

Wednesday my easy day! No Breakfast Club, no GRBA meetings I look forward to this day. Unfortunately because of the rain I have to cut the grass today. Bummer! I did pedal to Bill's for an oatmeal breakfast. My Grandmother Hughes thought that every boy of Scottish ancestry should have oatmeal for breakfast. The only problem was that I started eating oatmeal in 1942 and sugar was rationed. Grandmother would not let me put sugar on the oatmeal because I would use too much. Oatmeal requires a generous serving of sugar. Now that I can put as much sugar as I want I am back eating oatmeal. On my way around Reeds Lake I stopped at GR Bike in Gas Light and had them put air in my tires. I have been using this free service about once a week. I put 120 psi in the tires and by the end of a week the pressure has dropped to 85 psi. It is much easier to ride a bike with 120 psi. When I got home I fired up the lawn mower and starting cutting. Ms P joined me. I spend about 25% of my time throwing her ball. The lawn got the full treatment today. I want our yard looking good for the 4th. After a quick shower Ms P and I got in the C2 and ran some errands. I stopped at D&W to purchase a six pack. Today I bought six 16 ounce Buds for $6, a real bargain. Nancy worked at the Gardens today. She said they were very busy. Tonight we will start the holiday off my having dinner at Great Lakes Shipping. 150 years ago today the Battle of Gettysburg ended. The South took a terrible beating. Eight thousand soldiers lost their lives. This was the turning point for the Civil War.

No comments: