Sunday, July 21, 2013

Sunday July 21, 2013

Weekend update: Saturday morning, it was a little cooler this morning. I pedaled to Bill's for my oatmeal breakfast. I could not get my Kindle to open so no WSJ. Usually Saturday breakfast lasts 90 minutes. Today with no Kindle it lasted 20. After breakfast I pedaled around Reeds Lake. East Grand Rapids has put new bituminous on the road around the lake. It makes for a smooth ride. As soon as I got home I turned on the MacBook and tried to get a phone number to report my Kindle problem. Amazon's web page said if we wanted to get the phone number go to their "Contact us" page. I thought it was impossible to find a number. I finally googled Kindle and got a phone number. I was told all I had to do was hold the on button for a count of 50. It worked. It was 88 when I started cutting the grass. Lawn experts say that you should alternate cutting directions. I usually don't do this but today I did alternate. It took about 30 minutes longer than normal. Ms P was out with me and she was very active chasing the ball. I finished the lawn cutting at 1630. After a shower I took a short nap. Nancy and I had dinner at Forest Hill Inn. I had a wet burrito. Nancy headed upstairs at 2100. I stayed down and watch a Bourne Identity rerun. I took Ms P out at 2100 and was surprised that she could hardly walk. We had to carry her upstairs. We gave her some anti inflammation medicine. Sunday July 21: All our alarms go off at 0630. Nancy is going to a buyer's show in Chicago today. She is taking the train to Chicago. I took Ms P out and she appears back to normal. The train leaves at 0740. We were early but a large crowded was already waiting. I swam my 1,500 yards today. My time was 43'20". I did go to Meijer's today. Gas was $3.87. I bought apples and yogurt. Because I will not have Nancy's world famous eggs today I decided that I would violate my diet. I bought some chocolate covered donuts. I took a short nap. I thought Ms P was feeling better so I walked her around the nap. With all my bike riding I need another high visibility tee shirt. I drove to Gazelle Sport and bought a shirt. I took a 2.25 mile walk when I got home. It is now 1936 and I am sitting at the kitchen table writing this blog and watching 60 minutes. Is it a generational thing because every time I pass a Cartridge World store I think they sell bullets. Do you? Tonight I will finish reading the GRP (paper edition) and watch some TV before heading upstairs. I will also give Nancy a call to see how things are going.

No comments: