Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Tuesday July 23, 2013

I went outside briefly at 0500 and it had just started to rain. No thunder just a nice gentle rain. I checked at 0800 as I was getting ready to go to MAC and the sky was blue. Today I did the tri and luckily I did not have to share a lane. Because I have a 1300 Doctor's appointment I stopped at the Starbucks in Breton Village. I was just starting to read the WSJ when Ed Namey walked by. He stopped and we talked for 30 minutes. Ed spent most of his career in the airline business. He is disappointed that the airlines are adding more seats to their planes. Ed is over 6' tall. The Nameys have children in Virginia and CA so they travel to these destinations at least 4 times a year. The airlines have forced him to upgrade in order to have some comfort. I am lucky that I am short and so I do not have the discomfort taller folks have. Did you know that in 1960 I was considered an average America male? My height, 5'7", suit and shoe size, 40/9.5, were average. Now I am considered short. It must be the diet? I left D&W at noon and headed straight home. After a quick lunch I headed to the Doctor. I thought I had a deep groin muscle pull. The Doctor confirmed my suspicions. He recommended not rowing or running for several weeks. I told him I would keep riding my bike but only for my trips to the MAC. I will start swimming 5 days a week for my aerobic exercise. Stay tuned! I am so tired of all the royal baby news. My views are shared by a lot of guys at the MAC. I really don't care what they call the little guy. Nancy just called me to dinner. She has fixed me a pork chop.

No comments: