Thursday, July 18, 2013

Thursday July 18, 2013

Today is our son Stephen's 40th birthday. I remember his birth date well. It was a beautiful July day in 73. Early morning and Nancy said her water broke. We drove to the hospital and within 30 minutes Nancy was wheeled out and she said it was a little boy. In 1973 Fathers did not take part in the birth. We sat in the lounge and read year old copies of SI. I then drove home and told Nana, Debbie and Missy that they had a grandson/brother. In the afternoon I took a box of cigars to the Kentwood Landfill and passed them out to all the haulers. Oh the things we remember. Today is suppose to be the last day of our heat wave. It is now 1800 and the temperature is 95. This being Thursday I did my tri. Unlike Tuesday today I did not have to share a lane. I stopped at Starbucks in Gas Light for my morning coffee and newspaper. I love using my Starbucks app on the iPhone. Big article on Detroit's money woes in the WSJ. Bankruptcy will probably be declared this week. We have been watering our lawn every two days. Despite all the water the heat appears to have stunted the grass. I might wait to Saturday to cut the grass. Because of Nancy's recent foot surgery she has to have some special inserts made. She had a 1600 appointment with the insert folks. We drove to their shop and then we decided to have an early dinner and drove the Great Lakes Shipping. Nancy's medicine for her foot requires she stay out of the sun so we sat inside. We worked last night at the Harry Connick Jr concert. The amphitheater has a capacity of 1,900 but we were told 2,100 tickets were sold. Everyone showed up. I have never seen so many folks in the amphitheater. After the sun went down it was a perfect night for a concert. The show lasted for two hours and I think the folks got a bargain. We will read the GRP and watch some TV before heading upstairs. I like "Burn Notice" on USA. It is a new season. I am also watching the Tour de France. The scenery is really great. Rural France is beautiful. I see that some politicians want to pull out of the winter olympics. This is payback to Putin for harboring Snowden. Dumb idea. Really! Really Dumb. Tonight I will finish the rhubarb sauce. Life is good!

No comments: