Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Wednesday July 24, 2013

Wednesday my easy day and also Breakfast Club. I was up at 0555 and got ready for the 0700 BC. It was cool this morning, high 50s. As I have mentioned before I sit at a table of 8. I am the youngest. This morning one member had just had his 58th wedding anniversary. All the other members with the exception of yours truly have been married over 50 years. The breakfast was especially good this morning. We had scrambled eggs, an apple and bread dish, scones and fruit. After BC I came home and changed into shorts. The days are getting shorter so I put new batteries in my bike lights. I don't want to give some motorist an excuse that he could not see me. I have lights and glow-in-the dark shirts and vests. I then pedaled to the Starbucks in Gas Light for my morning coffee. After finishing the WSJ I pedaled over to the Ada Bike Shop on Fulton and bought a rear light for my urban bike. This afternoon Nancy is working at Meijer's Garden. I cleaned up my office and then I loaded the kayak up and headed to Reeds Lake. It is 3.25 miles around the lake and it takes me 1h15'. It was a beautiful day to be on the water. We will have a light dinner and watch some TV tonight. I forgot to mention in Monday's blog that Nancy was returning from Chicago on the train. She called me when the train got to Holland. Ms P and I got in the Taurus and headed to the Depot. The train was schedule for a 2140 arrival and it was right on time. Nancy said every seat on the train was occupied. This is great because for years the GR to Chicago route has suffered from low ridership. Amtrak has threatened to discontinue the service. I think passenger trains should be a part of our transportation mix. As I was typing my comments on trains I got a "Breaking News" story on my iPhone saying that dozens of folks were killed in a train derailment in Spain. Speaking of "Breaking New" Nancy just got a email from the MAC. The MAC will close in January if a buyer is not found. We have been members since 1990. We can find another club but it will not be as convenient. Stay tuned!

No comments: