Sunday, July 14, 2013

Sunday July 14, 2013

Today is the first day this year that the temperature has reached 90. Today being Sunday we got up at 0655 and headed to the MAC for our swim. I had a PB in my 1500 yard swim, 43'34". It took me awhile but I can finally swim the crawl taking a breath every third stroke. I alternate the side I take a breath on. I have been told that this is more efficient than taking a breath every stroke. I have been taking an informal survey. Most men, even good swimmer, take a breath every stroke. Most women take a breath every 6 or 8 strokes. Nancy does it every 6 strokes. So now I ask do women have greater lung capacity than men? Gas at Meijer's today was $3.87. This time of year Meijer's has all kinds of fresh fruits and vegetables. Nancy bought fresh raspberries today. We had Nancy's world famous scrambled eggs for breakfast. The only news on the TV today was about the Zimmerman trial. I am assuming that since it did not take the jury long to reach a verdict that the defense's case was strong (or the State's case was weak). After reading the comics I headed upstairs to take my Sunday nap. We turned the AC on about noon today and it will probably be on for the rest of the week. After the nap I was going to take Ms P on a walk but she refused. I took a 2.5 mile walk. I think that the scooter is the most popular means of transportation for kids in their early teens. How come I never hear a politician talking about converting to the metric system? We are the only country in the world using the so called English system. Even England uses the metric system. Speaking of the UK, did you know that in September 2014 Scotland will hold a referendum on independence from the UK. I think this is a stupid idea. Maybe this is why our ancestors left the country. Tonight Nancy is grilling hot dogs. In addition we are having potato salad and corn on the cob. For dessert I am having rhubarb sauce. It doesn't get any better.

No comments: