Sunday, February 28, 2010

Sunday February 28, 2010

1742: I set the alarm for 0646 but forgot to set the switch. We got up at 0700 so we had to hustle to get to the MAC by 0745. The pool was really crowded, two people in every lane. We swam 1500 yards. My time was 44'40". After the swim we headed to Meijer's for our weekly supplies. While Nancy was shopping I filled the Taurus up and returned about 40 bottles.

Nancy fixed her world famous poached eggs for breakfast. We let Ms P lick the plates. I read the front section of the GRP and then took my Sunday nap. After the nap I took a 2.5 mile walk. I had to get my 30' in. For the past hour Nancy and I have been assembling our 2009 tax data. I think we got everything. Tomorrow we will deliver it to Jerry D, our tax man.

For dinner tonight Nancy is fixing baked beans and veggie burgers along with a salad. We will watch the Olympics and then head for bed. Nancy has a busy week ahead and I hope to ride my bike by the end on the week. Spring is coming. Tomorrow is the first of March.

2123: Nancy and Bob agree no more veggie burgers. Let the green folks eat these terrible excuse for food. We are trying to finish the wine left over from the party. Nancy finished a bottle of fine white wine and I finished a bottle of 2 buck Chuck. We watched 60 minutes and then the Closing Ceremonies for the Olympics. I just took Ms P out and it was 36 degrees.

I watched very little of the hockey game. I missed the overtime. Everyone is saying what a classic game it was.

My favorite Sister-in-Law sent an email that had some data on the year of one's birth. Did you know that in 1938 the unemployment rate was 19%. My father and uncle were lucky because FDR pumped a lot of money in public improvement projects and there was a need for civil engineers. I never heard a family member complain about the tough times. They took everything in stride. Both my grandparents lost over 70% of their assets. Not a sour word, ever, did I hear.

No comments: