Thursday, February 18, 2010

Thursday February 18, 2010

1722: Once again I got up at 0700. After the morning routine I headed to the MAC. The MAC was very crowded for a Thursday. Kim comes to clean today so I have to make myself scarce until after 1300. My first stop after the MAC was Best Buy. I need a new printer so was going to look around. They had a special on a HP that was too good to pass up. It was less than $60. I purchased my first printer for use with a computer over 20 years ago. The Radio Shack daisy wheel printer cost $2100. My next stop was the Apple Store. I wanted to see if they had some classes for Nancy. I think I purchased a training plan when I bought the computer. I will check with Debbie. I also looked at an i-touch. The i-touch does not have a camera.

I also stopped at Sears to see if they had any long underwear shirts, wool/cotton mix. They did not. In fact I was disappointed with Sears selection of men's work clothes. I headed to the Kava House. Since I had time to kill, I read both the DFP and WSJ. The corruption trial for Detroit official resulted in a mistrial. One juror had her mind made up before deliberations began. The case will be retried. I did read in the WSJ that one of the companies I just purchased stock in had received a large contract for building a small nuclear reactor. I hope this works out.

After a quick lunch I took Ms P on a walk around the block. After our walk I continued walking another 1.5 miles. I got my 30 in.

I set up my new printer and practiced scanning some pictures. I have about 200 pictures to scan. I will bore every family member. We really have some great old photos. I like the ones of my grandfather's logging camp in MN. These pictures were taken between 1900 and 1917.

This evening Nancy and I are going to the Public Museum to see a display on Bugs. We purchased an annual membership and the Bug show is one of the events included. Dinner is included.

2112: The Bug show at the museum was interesting. They had a good but not spectacular turn out. Nancy and I, in addition to the Bug display, visited several permanent exhibits. We both commented our grandkids would have loved the bug exhibit. After the museum we watched some more Olympics and now at 2115 I am heading to bed.

No comments: