Thursday, February 25, 2010

Thursday February 25, 2010

1646: I got up at 0615 and started my morning routine. I got done early because I did not have to shovel snow. I got to the Kava House at 1045 and left at 1145. Today the DFP continued to highlight the trials of Toyota. They, DFP, seem to be taking great pleasure writing about Toyota's troubles.

I took Ms P on a walk around the block and then we got in the C2 and headed to the beauty shop. Ms P is getting the complete makeover. She is getting her nails cut, a shampoo and fur trimmed. The gal told me it would take 2 hours. When I got back home Nancy was waiting so after a quick lunch we headed to Costco. Nancy had to buy some things for tomorrow's party.

The beauty shop called when we just walked in the door. We got in the Taurus and picked up Ms P. They did a great job for $20. I thought the price was great for 2 hours work. We stopped at D&W to buy beer and more party supplies. When we got home I got out the vacuum sweeper and started sweeping the downstairs. Yes folks I even run a vacuum sweeper. I also moved a lot of boots and coats downstairs so we have room for our guest's coats and boots. We also had to move a lot of Ms P's stuff downstairs. How can a 10# dog have so much stuff.

Tonight, being Thursday, Bob and Nancy will head for Great Lakes Shipping for dinner. Have you noticed that we are getting spring catalogs. It is a good sign.

2105: The evening meal was good. Nancy had the teriyaki chicken and I had the French dip. We also got a seat by the fireplace. At home we watched the Olympics and news.

Last night I mentioned a family member being in the US Army during the Revolutionary War. This member was from my paternal side.

I found out that family members fought with Oliver Cromwell in Ireland. I think it was during the 1600's. The family members were from Wales but remained after the war in Ireland for several generations. They left Ireland because of religious reasons and settled in Canada. They were members of the Hughes family.

No comments: