Sunday, May 9, 2021

May 8, 2021

 Saturday May 8, 2021

Blog time 1500 sitting in office.

Up this morning at 0700.  Quickly dressed and then we headed to Gathering Place Restaurant for breakfast.  It was sunny but cold this morning, 32.  

For breakfast Nancy had two fried eggs with cinnamon toast.  I had oatmeal, scrambled egg and sourdough toast.  I put the egg over the top of the oatmeal.  The waitress said she had never seen that before.  I told her eggs over oatmeal is common in Vietnam.

Today Nancy is helping her friend Kathi sell her inventory of purses.  I drove her to Kathi’s and will pick her up later.

After dropping Nancy off I headed home.  Temperature was still in 30s so I put on my winter biking clothes.  Today I took a 10.5 miles ride.

At home I shaved and showered before heading out to Woodland Mall.   I wanted to stop at the Apple Store.  To my surprise the Apple Store was closed.

I bought a coffee and croissant at Starbucks.  Grabbed a table and checked email and read some news headlines.

At home I had quick lunch and headed down to the office to finish yesterday’s blog and start todays.

Nancy called at 1530 and said I should pick her up.  She said they sold a lot of purses today.  I looked at the remaining inventory and thought they will need several more sales to delete the inventory.

It was 1600 when we left Kathi’s.  Nancy said she was hungry so we decided on an early dinner.  We drove to Cascade Roadhouse.

We sat in one of those outdoor bubbles that are covered in plastic.  Our bubble was heated.  We both ordered a glass of wine before ordering.  I had a beef dip sandwich and Nancy had a chicken salad.  The food was very good.  I am glad we were early because the place was full within 30 minutes of our arrival.

At home we watched the news before switching to BritBox.  Tonight we watched episode 2 of McDonald & Dodds.  This episode was also the last of Season 1.  Good show.

Debbie FaceTimed this evening.  We told her that we both were fine.  It was in the 80s in CA and only reached the 50s in GR.

Checked the courtyard at 2200.  Everything ok.  Temp will again approach freezing again this evening. 


No comments: