Monday, May 3, 2021

May 2, 2021

Sunday May 2, 2021

 It was 57 and sunny when we got up at 0645.  Temperature will reach 80 this afternoon.

I dressed and drove to Panera.  Bought a coffee and bagel to have with my oatmeal.

Left for Trinity Lutheran at 0845.  Church starts at 0915.  Once again the attendance was low.  Folks that were watching the service on YouTube were also disappointed because the Comcast network went down.  Good news, however, the 1015 outside service on the lawn was crowded.  First outside service of the year.

On our way home we stopped at Meijer’s.  I bought a large baguette and Nancy bought more supplies.

The temperature was in 70s when got home.  What to wear on my bike ride was my big dilemma.  I got out my knickers for the first time this year.  Also wore a light tee and high visibility sweatshirt.

I was over dressed.  Left home at noon. On the ride today I saw several groundhogs and rabbits.  Total distance traveled was 9.6 miles.

At home Nancy was sunning herself on the deck.  She actually got burned. 

I got busy and cleaned the deck table and put up the sun umbrella.  We are ready for summer.

Speaking of summer.  Today we have 14h12’ of daylight.  On the summer solstice, June 22, we will have 15 hours.

Showered and then had a quick lunch.  

This afternoon I took my mandatory Sunday nap.  After the nap I sat on deck and read the GRP and finished yesterday’s blog. It was great sitting on the deck reading.

Nancy is fixing me 2 fried eggs on a waffle this evening.  Also a baguette and 2 sausages.

Tonight we watched 60 Minutes before switching to Apple TV.  We watched another episode of New Tricks.

Debbie and Missy both FaceTimed this evening.  We compared temps between CA and MI and MI won.  

My check of the courtyard at 2200 showed everything was normal.   Tomorrow’s high temp will be in high 60s compared to 80s today. 

No comments: