Friday, May 7, 2021

May 6, 2021

 Thursday May 6, 2021

Blog time 1200 at Panera on Lake Eastbrook Br.

We both slept in until 0700.

Nancy headed out early for a swim at MVP.  Later she will help Kathi pack for her move to Indiana.

The TV and my iPad said it will rain this morning.  So no bike I will drive the Fusion to Y.

The Y still has not reached its pre Covid attendance.  I did my calisthenics and rode stationary bike 4.5 miles.  Showered and started some errands.

Stopped at Koetsier’s and bought a hanging basket for Nancy.  Actually it is a Mother’s Day present from Debbie.

Found a UPS drop box so I could return an item recently purchased.

Stopped at Panera for coffee and bagels.  Finished yesterday’s blog and checked the headlines.

It is now noon so will continue with some errands.  Kim is still cleaning so I don’t want to get in her way.  Will get home about 1330.

This and that:

State voting laws are getting a lot of heat lately.  Why is the simple task of voting getting so complicated.  People object to showing an ID.  Good grief you have to show an ID to get on a plane or visit a Doctor.

Bill and Melinda Gates are getting a divorce.  Do we really need the details?

NYT 1619 Project is historically incorrect say experts.  Why promote it in our schools?

Today is National Day of Prayer.  No mention on main stream media.

Sign of times, today Alpena Community College is having a Drive Through graduation.

After Panera I drove to Talbots’s to get a Mother’s Day gift card for Nancy.

Pulled into Talbot’s parking lot and noticed that I was parking next to our Escape.  Nancy was shopping at Talbot’s so I found her and let her pick out  a Mother’s Day gift.

Nancy told me that Kim had just called about a leak in our guest room sink.  Kim showed me the location of the leak.  It is a minor leak.

Lunch and then headed out on one more errand.

Stopped at Meijer’s to pick up a prescription and buy supplies.

This afternoon I took a short nap.

For dinner tonight Nancy fixed chicken noodle soup.  Also had a scone and cottage cheese.

Tonight we watched Jack Irish on Acorn.  I like this show, Nancy not so much.

Debbie FaceTimed this evening.  Everything ok.

It was dark and cold when checked courtyard at 2200.  Temp will drop to mid30s tonight.  What happened to global warming?


 

No comments: