Tuesday, May 25, 2021

May 24, 2021

 Monday May 24, 2021

Blog time 1000 sitting in Nonna’s Pantry in downtown Ada

Last full week of May.  Time just flies.  Like folks say life is like a roll of toilet paper,  the closer you get to the end the faster it goes.

Up with the 0603 alarm.  Nancy has an early class at MVP.  Looked outside and it was cool and gloomy.  Temperature 54.

Nancy stepped on scale this morning and she was happy with results.  I stepped on scale and said ouch.

Calisthenics at home and then oatmeal breakfast.

First big problem of the day what to wear with the cool temp.  Decided on long pants and two layers before jacket.  It worked.

Today I pedaled to Ada a distance of 6 miles.  Stopped at Nonna’s Pantry and had a scone and coffee.  I promised myself this morning after the weigh-in no more scones.  So much for Promises Kept.

This and that:

Noticed that most adults since our Spring warmup no longer wear socks.  I wear wool socks all year round.

Downtown Ada is very busy this morning.  All the street parking spots are occupied.

Several articles in local MI papers on High School Graduations. It has been a tough year for seniors.  

Speaking of tough years for graduates.  I knew several men who graduated from AHS in 1942.  They walked across the stage to pick up their diploma and immediately got on bus and headed to US Army Basic training.  WWII was under way, no HS grad could escape the military.  Lloyd Aikens froze his feet in the Battle of the Bulge and Doug Basil was wounded during fighting on a Pacific Island.  

President Biden’s legislative program seems to be walking in place.

Got home from Ada at noon.  Total miles traveled today 15.25.

Showered and then spent an hour in office reading.

After lunch ran several errands.  Stopped at Meijer’s to check on some over the counter memory pills.  The Pharmacist pointed me in the direction of the pills.  I checked several labels and it all looked like snake oil.  Nothing purchased.

Granddaughter Alessandra FaceTimed me this afternoon.  She wanted someone to talk to during her lunch break.  We had a nice talk.

I spent some time cleaning out the storage space I have in the garage for bike gear.  60% of the stuff I will throw out.

For dinner tonight we had our standard Cheerios meal.  I had mine with a scone and blueberries.

Tonight we watched Law and Order UK.  Good show.  Nancy headed to bed and I stayed up and watched episode 1 of the new season of Who Killed Sara.  Kind of disappointing.

Missy FaceTimed the evening.

The courtyard and garage were ok when checked at 2200.  Tomorrow will be a warm day.


No comments: