Sunday, May 2, 2021

May 1, 2021

 Saturday May 1, 2021

Blog time 1700 sitting in office.

Up at 0700

Breakfast at Gathering Place.  I had oatmeal with scrambled egg and sourdough toast.  Nancy had fried eggs and toast.  Very good.  Gathering Place was crowded.

Drove to Lowe’s and got two bags of mulch and a bottle of Roundup Spray.

I took a 10.6 mile bike ride.

Nancy started laundry.  

When I got home Nancy in addition to finishing the laundry she had also finished spreading 1.5 bags of mulch.  I spread the final 1/2. We are now done mulching for the year.

This and that;

Today is May Day.  I remember watching the newsreels showing big May Day celebrations in Moscow.  May Day was the commies big day.

First day of the new month so I start using a new tooth brush and razor blade.

Lunch and drove to Ace to look for paving bricks.  No luck.  I need the paving bricks to put under our outside brick wall.  It is undermined.

Nap.

Dinner at Shepard’s Grill. I had perch sandwich and Nancy a bowl of bean soup.  Shepard’s Grill was crowded.  The place violates all health guidelines like seating at 50% capacity.  We think it was more like 80%.  6 foot separation was a joke. 

It was 72 degrees when we left Shepard’s. Time for a cold snack.  So we headed to the ice cream store in Ada.  Nancy had a cup of butter pecan and I had a frozen yogurt cone.  The place was crowded.  We sat outside and enjoyed our treat.

At home we watched a Bill Murray movie, “On the Rocks”, on Apple TV+.  We did not like it.  I gave it a D+.

Missy FaceTimed this evening.

It was still in 60s when checked front yard at 2200.  Warm evening with morning temps in high 50s.

No comments: