Thursday, May 6, 2021

May 5, 2021

 Wednesday May 5, 2021

Blog time 1930 sitting in living room

Up with alarm at 0600.

Today I have Breakfast Club starting at 0730.

First thing this morning I did calisthenics at 50%.  Dressed and headed to Panera to buy a bagel and coffee.

At home I fixed oatmeal w/banana to go with coffee and bagel.

Today’s speaker was the President of Grand Rapids Community College.  He gave a great talk of changes in Education after Covid.

After BC I got on bike and pedaled the 5.4 miles to Ada. Had coffee and a scone.  Their internet was very weak so I left early.

Took a long route home, 9.6 miles.  Total miles today 15.  Longest ride of year.

Quick shower before lunch. 

Lunch and then started Wednesday chores.  Load of laundry and took out trash.

This afternoon we headed to Porter Hills, a retirement community.  They have both standard condos and apartments.  They also have separate assisted living accommodations.

We had a tour of their apartments. I was impressed.  We will fill out an application to get our name on a waiting list.

Finished the afternoon with a nap.

This afternoon I got my new Apple iPad keyboard.  I have not yet set it up.

Wednesday evening so we had our standard Cheerios with fruit.

The Coronavirus especially in India dominated the news.  Facebook won’t let our ex President back on.  I think this is wrong.  Even jerks have a right to free speech.

This evening I emailed our US Rep. Peter Meijer.  I told him I support Liz Cheney.  Trump Republicans will ruin the party.

Tonight we watched a show on BritBox called Wild Bill.  We liked the first episode so we watched another.

Missy FaceTimed this evening.  She might visit us later this month.

Temp in mid 40s when checked outside at 2200.  Rain predicted.


No comments: