Friday, May 28, 2021

May 27, 2021

 Thursday May 27, 2021

Blog time 1120 at Panera on Lake Eastbrook Ave.

Slept in this morning until 0700.  The sun had been up for an hour.  It was a cold 43 but sunny.  Sun trumps everything.

Nancy left at 0800.  She has a class at MVP and then will have lunch with her Meijer’s gang.  

This afternoon we will made our annual trip to Countryside Greenhouse to get more hanging baskets.

Calisthenics at home before breakfast.  I bundled up for my 8.5 mile ride to Panera.  

Panera was crowded this morning.  I sure hope the Governor allows more seating in restaurants.  A lot of useable seats are not available for customers.  It is a real economic hardship for owners.

This and that:

President Biden is adding more and more regulations on businesses.  Over regulation will kill the economy.

In my experience the most incompetent government agency is the Federal Government.  The most competent are local agencies.  I have made this observation many times.

In a country of 300 million folks why are the leaders of both parties in Washington so shallow.

I have finally decided that I am not WOKE.

I still don’t understand BitCoins.

The US Navy is way underfunded.  We send a Carrier to Afghanistan and leave the South China without a Carrier.  My career Navy friends are furious.

Speaking of Navy, what about all those unidentifiable flying objects harassing Navy ships.  

Got home from Panera at noon.  Total bike miles today 14.3.

Shaved and showered before lunch.  Lunch today was yogurt with Fiber 1, Ensure and 2 oatmeal cookies.

Nancy got home from her lunch at 1400.  

We immediately headed to Countryside Greenhouse.  The parking lot was full.  Nancy picked out several hanging baskets and several flowers that she can plant.  

I finished the afternoon with a nap.

For dinner Nancy fixed a corn/crab soup she purchased at Trader Joe’s.  Also had a dish of fresh Mellon.

Tonight we watched a new show on Acorn called Liverpool 1.  It was bad.  

Finished the evening watching New Tricks.  It was good

Raining hard when I made my 2200 check of Courtyard and garage.




No comments: