Thursday, August 31, 2017

Wednesday August 30, 2017

Blog time 1130 at Panera

Big excitement last night, about 0300 Nancy woke up and said something is in the room.  Sure enough we had a bat.  I got the broom but was unable to subdue it.  It then disappears.  Looked everywhere but no bat.   We isolated rooms by closing doors.  This afternoon while Nancy works at the Gardens I will take my flashlight and butterfly net and try to get the critter.

I went back to sleep and got up with the alarm at 0530.  Today is Breakfast Club Wednesday.  It was pitch black when I left at 0630.  The President of our group and a retired Navy Officer and History Prof talked on military preparedness.  Gloomy talk.

Went straight home after BC, changed into my bike clothes and took a short bike ride to Panera.  Quick read of mail and some papers but no WSJ before heading home.

Nancy was just leaving for her shift at Meijer's Garden.  After lunch I started my Bat search.  I brought up a ladder from the basement, grabbed our butterfly net and a good flashlight.  I thought the bat would be in the master bedroom.  I checked curtains, beds especially under and behind,  cleared all the shelves in the closet and checked the clothes.  Finally after an hour I concluded that our bat was either a master of hiding or just left the room.

I continued my search in each of our upstairs rooms.  Still no bat.  Same with the lower level.

I did a load of laundry and took out the trash before a short nap.  Finished the afternoon with a walk around the block.

Nancy said the Gardens had over 1,500 visitors today.  She talked to our old neighbors the Joe and Judy Zainea who were visiting the Gardens.

Light dinner and then an episode of the Heart Guy on Acorn.  Nancy went to bed up early and stayed to watch an episode of Rake.  I fell asleep within the first minute. 




No comments: