Friday, June 23, 2017

Thursday June 22, 2017

Blog time 1115 at Panera

Swim day for Nancy so we were up at 0615. I was ahead of schedule this morning, left home before 0800. Very humid and threatening rain but weather folks say not until late afternoon.

Experts say that on warm days the best tee shirt is one made of wool. Quick drying and odor free. I started wearing wool this week and I think the experts are right.

I encountered a wild turkey hen with six chicks this morning along the side of the road. Stopped to take a photo but they took off before I could get my phone out. Slow draw Scott.

The Y’s summer camps are in full swing, kids everywhere. However, this morning the Y was empty of adults.

BRexit, the big apartment fire, and the Queen’s change of clothes are the big news in the U.K.

Chancellor Merkel had a fit when they found out that the CIA was tapping her phone. Now a German paper is revealing that the Germans have hacked into government offices in the USA. Why should this surprise anyone? All governments spy.

As soon as I got home we got in Escape and headed to Woodland Mall. I bought a 21” carry on spinner suitcase at Macy’s. Does anyone carry a suit in a suitcase any more? Stopped at Macatawa Bank to get money for Kim. She is cleaning tomorrow.

We took Ms P on her nature walk yesterday. Total distance 0.7 miles.

I did read the papers but have nothing I want to comment on.

For dinner we headed to Blue Moose. This is a new restaurant, sports bar, in the same strip mall as Shepard’s Grill and LaLaguna. I had their spaghetti and meatballs and it was quite good.

My iPhone said no rain until early tomorrow morning. I started a walk around the block. Halfway through the walk the skies open up and I got drenched. Nancy got in the Escape to rescue me but I was so wet that I just continued walking. Typical summer shower, rain hard for ten minutes and then stop.

At home we watched final episode of Black Rock (?) on Acorn and then Pie in the Sky.

Neglected to turn on the AC so the house was very humid and warm. Nancy slept downstairs in the cool basement. I remained upstairs and sweated.


No comments: