Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Monday June 5, 2017

Blog time 1055 at Panera

Set the alarm for 0630 because I have to get morning activities done early. I have a 1230 dentist appointment.

Before leaving I filled our bird feeder to the brim. We have a lot of birds using the feeder and it is usually empty by mid afternoon. After going through 20# of seed in a couple of days I decided to fill the feeder only once a day. The early bird gets the seed!

It was foggy when I left this morning. I turned on all my bike lights. Temp was in low 60s. Expected high 72 which is cool compared with yesterday's 85.

The London terror attack and Thursday's election dominates the London papers.

On Sunday AHS held its 135th graduation. 288 students in the class with the surprising news that 164 graduates had 3.0 GPA. Talk about grade inflation.

Alpena has declining population as seen by the number of graduates. AHS is the only high school in the county. In 1956 there were two high schools AHS and Alpena Catholic Central, total students graduating were well over 300.

AHS Grads in my family: Grandmother Hughes (McTavish) 1886, Grandmother Scott (Sanborn) 1900, Mother Margaret Scott (Hughes) 1924, Father Robert S. Scott 1924, Robert H. Scott 1956, Sister Helen Crandall (Scott) 1959.

Left Panera early for my 1230 dental appointment. At home changed clothes and headed out. The dentist removed a temporary crown and put on the new one. He used his drill to trim the new crown so my partial would fit properly. Great job.

At home took walked around the block before lunch. Spent most of the afternoon in the office catching up. I did take some time off to bike to the bank and get some money for Kim who will clean tomorrow.

Light dinner and we watched the news. Watched an episode of Bosch on Amazon. Nancy turned in and I am watching a detective show based in Singapore in 1964. I was in Singapore in 64. I think the show took some liberties with historical facts. I like the show.

No comments: