Saturday, June 17, 2017

Thursday June 15, 2017

Blog time 1015 sitting in Panera

I can't believe it, June is half over. Bummer! June is my favorite month

Today is Nancy's swim day so we are up early. Nancy has an appointment with our dermatologist this morning so I will take Ms P to her 1130 appointment at the Groomer. In order to get my routine done early, I did it at home.

Since my bike is in the shop I rode my backup bike to Panera.

We had a brief thunder storm last night but little rain. We need a good soaker soon.

It was sunny and mid 70s this morning heading to a high in mid 80s.

The huge fire in the 24 story apartment in London dominates the U.K news. PM May's difficulties in forming a government takes second place.

I got to the Groomers ten minutes early and the place was locked. I thought maybe they had gone out of business. The entrance door had a phone number and I called it. The Groomer said 1130 was opening time. Heck of an opening time for a business.

Horrocks is next door to the Groomer so I bought two 20 pound bags of bird seed. The birds go through about 20 pounds a week. We do have some pretty birds using the feeder.

Nancy was home from the Dermatologist when I got home. I had a quick lunch and then we headed to Costco for some supplies like peanut butter.

We picked Ms P up about 1330. I like her short hair. It should help keep her cool during these hot days.

The bike shop called and said my bike was done. Nancy drove me to Ada and I pedaled home. It is exactly five miles from the bike shop to our condo.

This afternoon we turned on the AC to cool down the house. Third time this week we have used the AC. I will turn it off right before we go to bed.

I read an Op-Ed piece by WSJ’s Peggy Noonan. It was about how nasty we as a nation have become. The news media has lost all efforts to objective. Comments made by Stephen Colbert on his show about the President of the USA were reprehensible. We have to be civil. Everyone should read Ms Noonan’s piece.

I blame a lot of our problem with folks, especially men, not being exposed to all sections of society. A large majority of men in my generation were exposed to a wide range of socioeconomic groups by being in the military. We all had a shared experience and learned to respect each other. Bring back the draft.

For dinner Nancy and I drove to Sundance. We sat outside and ate our scram-d-ham. First time we have be able to sit outside. One of the joys of Summer.

We read the GRP and watched a Netflix show before turning in.


No comments: